At Evans, we specialise in all types of leather restoration services, from simple shoe repairs to the more complicated jobs such as recolouring and shoe dyeing services. Our experienced team always aims to deliver high quality workmanship and restore your leather goods to their former state.
Our Services include:
Shoe Repairs & Restoration:
With decades of experience in repairing and restoring shoes to the highest standard, your favourite shoes can be restored, even with extensive damage from years of wear and tear.
- We replace heel tips while you wait
- We replace damaged and broken heel blocks
- We replace buckles and elastics, and replace straps with new straps on the instep and the back.
- For new shoes we add 1.8mm rubber protective soles added for long lasting durability and non-slip protective walking
- We restore damaged shanks
- We repair Soles and insoles
- We patch any holes
- We can alter sizes including modifying boot legs and shoe width.
Handbags, Wallets and Accessories Restoration:
At Evans, we don’t just work exclusively with shoes; we also repair and restore leather handbags, briefcases, wallets and luggage.
- Is your handbag handle broken or worn? We can custom make a new handle for you so that it looks exactly same as the original.
- Is your lining worn out, dirty, broken or would you prefer a different style? We can create and install any lining for you.
- Is your bag’s stitching getting old and breaking? We can re-stitch and make your bag as good as new.
- Are the handles too long? Want to adjust the colour, shape or size of your handbag? We offer high quality adjustments for all your handbags, wallets and accessories.
- Does your bag need a new zip, lock or rivet? If we cannot repair it, we can definitely replace it.
Leather Jackets and Other Clothing
- adjusting long sleeves and pants for a better fit
- replacing buttons, buckles, zips and lining
Briefcases, Travel and Business Bags
We restore and repair premium briefcases, business bags, suitcases and other travel bags with flawless quality, including:
- We replace broken or worn handles with new handles that we build from scratch to perfectly match the original.
- Is your lining worn out, dirty, broken or would you like to change the style? We can create and install any lining for you.
- Is your bags stitching getting old and breaking? We can re-stitch and make your bag as good as new.
- Is the leather cracked, damaged or discoloured? We can clean, recolour and restore the leather to as good as new.
- Does your briefcase or bag need a new zip, lock or rivet? If we cannot repair it, we can definitely replace it.
Do you have a special pair of shoes or boots or any other leatherwear which you absolutely love? Do you have a special pair of shoes from a special event that you want to keep? Evans has the best protection and advice to help maintain your special shoes or boots in pristine quality, ranging from waterproofing to protective soles, and a large assortment of polishes.
Shoe recovering is a specialised service ideally for your special occasions, such as weddings, engagement parties, formals and more. We recover all models and styles of shoes and handbags to match your other clothing. We can recover your shoes with any material of your choosing – especially when you need them to match a wedding dress or your favourite handbag. All we need is a strip of fabric of your choosing half a metre wide and at least 50cm long, and we will do the rest. Note: we can dye fabric shoes only if you provide us with white satinto begin with.
Dyeing and Colour Matching
Do you want to change the colour of your shoes, boots or handbag? We can dye them any colour of your choice. All we need is a sample of the colour that you want. Are your shoes looking scuffed and worn? We can touch-up and restore the original colour and feel of your shoes. NOTE:Dying works best when we dye a light article to a darker colour, in particular with suede. Also, leather works the best, we can dye fabric shoes at your own risk (but they mostly work out great anyway). Dyeing jobs will require a minimum of 1 week unless it is an emergency – and we can make special arrangements for you.
Maintaining Your Leather Items
A good tip: Many handbags and shoes had been spoiled and stained by the colours from your jeans. We can prevent this by spraying your shoes, handbags and jeans with a waterproof protection spray.